<Jean Monnet Module> Online workshop & networking event for young researchers working on Japan/EU
Workshop Title: Nothing New Under the Sun?
Date & Time: Saturday 25 September 2021, 4.30 p.m. – 7 p.m. Japan time
Place: On ZOOM
Target: PhD students and young researchers working on any topic related to Japan and Europe
Guest contributions: Dr. Yuko Inada (St. Andrew’s University)
Mr. Richard Kelner (Delegation of the European Union to Japan)
Moderator: Dr. Anna Schrade, Associate Professor, Institute for Industrial Research, Kwansei Gakuin University
Sign-up (required): Sign up from this link by 20 September. The ZOOM URL will be automatically emailed to you later.
Organiser/Inquiries: Dr. Anna Schrade, Associate Professor, Institute for Industrial Research, Kwansei Gakuin University, E-mail: email@example.com
- Share your current research and get feedback
- Exchange your ideas with other young researchers and learn from each other’s experience
- Join talks about how to get published, how to get a postdoc/academic position, working at Japanese universities, how to get funding etc.
4.30 p.m. - 4:40 p.m.: Opening remarks
4.40 p.m. - 5.10 p.m.: Discussing your work in smaller groups
5.10 p.m. - 5.50 p.m.: Plenary discussion:
- What are the latest trends in your & others’ research?
- How does your work fit into the broader scholarly debate?
- What are differences and similarities between the current research on Japan and on Europe?
- Where would a comparison be beneficial?
5.50 p.m. - 6.00 p.m.: Short break
6.00 p.m. - 6.45 p.m.: Guest lectures & exchange of ideas: how to get funding / how to get published / how to land a job in academia
(incl. current & future funding calls, and possible contributions by you)
6.45 p.m. - 7.00 p.m.: Wrap-up
Afterwards: informal chat (speed dating) among the participants for those interested