<JMM> Conference “Rural Revitalisation: Industrial, Economic and Social Perspectives” on 29 March
Jean Monnet Module academic conference “Rural Revitalisation: Industrial, Economic and Social Perspectives” will be held online as follows.
This conference looks at rural development in Europe and Japan from different perspectives, analysing how government policies, civil activism, business activities, international cooperation and emerging technologies can contribute to revitalising the countryside. The speakers analyse different aspects of regional growth, revealing how new models of activism (e.g. civil activism in renewable energies, international business cooperation, or innovative government policies) can help spur economic and social development in rural areas.
To participate the event, please register by Sunday, 27 March. We look forward to welcoming many people with an interest in rural development.
Please note this event is jointly organised with Jean Monnet Chair 1st Project Workshop “Regional Industries and Economic Development in the EU and Japan” by Professor Holger Bungsche of School of International Studies, Kwansei Gakuin University.
Date: Tuesday 29 March 2021, 3 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. (Zoom opens at 2:45 p.m.)
Presentation Language: English or Japanese (No interpretation provided. The language used is specified next to each title)
Format: Online (ZOOM meeting)
Registration (required): Please sign up via URL below by Sunday 27 March
*The ZOOM URL will be e-mailed on 28 March.
Program (The titles are subject to change)
- “Ethical Decision-Making in Regional Economic Revitalization by Local Production for Local Consumption: Based on the case of Western Japan“（Japanese）
Takehiko Okamoto, Accociate Professor, Faculty of Business Administration, Takamatsu Univesity
- “Researching stakeholder perspectives on solid waste management practices in rural Japan: lessons for community re-vitalisation programmes in rural Bangladesh?“ (English)
AKM Tajkir-Uz-Zaman (PhD. Student) and Keith Jackson (Professor), Institute of Business and Accounting, Kwansei Gakuin University
- “The Impact of European-Japan Cluster Cooperation on Regional Development“ (Japanese)
Naoki Fujiwara, Associate Professor, Faculty of Regional Development Studies, Otemon Gakuin University
- “Energy-Autonomous Villages in Germany: a Trend to Follow?“ (English)
Anna Schrade, Associate Professor, Institute for Industrial Research, Kwansei Gakuin University
- “The Impact of the EU's Green Deal on Local Industry Development: The Renewable Energy Sector as Example“ (Japanese)
Holger Bungsche, Professor, School of International Studies, Kwansei Gakuin University
- “The Levelling Up Agenda: A new Regional Development Policy in the UK?“ (Japanese)
Francis Rawlinson, Fellow, Kwansei Gakuin University
Anna Schrade and Holger Bungsche
Institute for Industrial Research (IIR), Kwansei Gakuin University