(6 Dec. Close)Call for Participants: "Online Visit” to the Delegation of the European Union to Japan
As one of the Jean Monnet Chair（a European Union (EU) education funding programme） activities, we offer students an opportunity to visit the Delegation of the European Union to Japan to learn more about the EU-Japan relationship and various activities of the EU. This year we will do the visit online due to the impact of COVID-19. Officials of the Delegation will give us talk about the EU's relationship with Japan in terms of economics and trade, challenges such as COVID-19 crisis and environmental policy that the EU faces, and international cooperation including the acceptance of immigrants and refugees. There will also be time for a presentation on the Erasmus+, EU's programme supporting students from EU and partner countries across the world to study in Europe. The presentations will be followed by a Q & A session.
Those interested in the EU, its member states and studying in Europe are welcome to join this event. Registration is required. First-come, first-served basis.
- ・ “Current Issues and Challenges in the EU” (English) by Mr. Jacek Kozak, Trade Section
- ・ Q & A session (English)
- ・ “Erasmus+: EU's Support Programme for Studying Abroad” (English) by Mr. Richard Kelner, Press, Public and Cultural Affairs Section
- ・ Q & A session about studying in Europe (English and Japanese)
- ・Date & Time: Wednesday, 9 December 2020 2:30pm – 4pm
- ・Format: Online meeting via Zoom
- ・Eligibility: KGU Students with interest in the European Union. Should be able to understand lectures in English.
- ・Coordinator: Prof. Holger Bungsche, School of International Studies
- ・Participation fee: Free of charge
- ・Capacity: 100 Students
- ・Registration period: Monday, 16 November –
Wednesday, 2Sunday, 6 December (Registration Extended)
*Registration is required. First-come, first-served basis.
Access the registration form below, fill out and submit it. The registration will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis from 16 November and will be closed when the number of participants is reached. Participants will receive a Zoom invitation email with a meeting ID and password on Friday, 4 December.
Please call the Institute for Industrial Research for assistance at 0798-54-6127 on 7 December if you do not receive the invitation email on 4 December.
* Those who register after 4 December will receive the Zoom invitation email on 7 December. Please call the above number on 8 December if you don't receive the email.
On the online visit day
- ・Please be punctual.
- ・Set your Zoom display name in English alphabet for the convenience of the speakers.
[For your reference] Past event (physical visit)
Institute for Industrial Research (IIR) Kwansei Gakuin University