Guide to requesting classroom use
Guide to requesting classroom use
The campus will be closed from August 13 to 21 (summer vacation), on September 28 (the foundation day of Kwansei Gakuin University) and from December 25 to January 5 (winter vacation.)
The campus may also be closed on occasion due to unforeseen circumstances.
2.Classroom opening hours
Monday–Friday: 10: 30 a.m.–9:30 p.m.
Saturday: 10: 30 a.m.–8:30 p.m.
Sunday/holidays: 10: 30 a.m.–5:30 p.m.
3.Eligible purposes of classroom use in order of prioricy
1. Graduate school classes
2. Events and activities conducted by schools of Kwansei Gakuin, or administrative departments and sections of these institutions
3. Job-search support activities for students
4. Matters concerning seminars and lectures
5. Activities jointly conducted by university-related parties and organizations outside the university, including industry-academia partnership activities
6. Research activities including academic conferences, study meetings and workshops
7. Activities conducted by students
8. Activities conducted by the alumni association or the parents association
1. Administrative departments and sections of the university
2. Members of the faculty
3. Students of Kwansei Gakuin University and Graduate School
* Using classrooms for any personal or commercial activity is not allowed regardless of whether or not the user falls under any of the five categories of “eligible users” listed above.
Also, please note that we may not comply with your request for use of a classroom if the planned activity is considered inappropriate.
Please click the following link for the latest information on classroom availability.
6.How to reserve a classroom
1. Classroom reservations are accepted three months in advance on the first day of the month (e.g.: You can make a reservation from May 1 if you plan to use a classroom on any day between August 1 and 31.)
For events and activities falling under the conditions below, reservations can be made six months in advance on the first day of the month (e.g., You can make a reservation from May 1 if you plan to use a classroom on any day between November 1 and 30):
・Events and activities, including activities for disseminating information, conducted by Schools of Kwansei Gakuin or administrative departments and sections of these institutions
・Job-search support activities conducted by the Center for Career Planning and Placement
・Activities jointly conducted by university-related organizations outside the university, including industry-academia partnership activities conducted by members of the faculty.
・Research activities including academic conferences, study meetings and workshops conducted by members of the faculty
*Reservations for the fiscal year 2017 will be accepted from Wedesday, March 15, 2017, 10:00 a.m. (first-come, first-served)
We will not accept any reservations before 10: 00 a.m.
2. Reservations must be made by the representative of the group.
* The instructor in charge must make the reservation to use a classroom for a seminar or research meeting.
[How to make a reservation request]
Copy the text below, paste it in the body of an email message, fill out the form and send it to us. A confirmation email will be sent to your email address.
Note that we may not comply with your request for classroom use if the planned activity is considered inappropriate, or you may be required to pay a fee if you plan to use a classroom for certain types of activities.
We handle personal information in accordance with the personal information handling policy of the Kwansei Gakuin Educational Foundation.
Please click the following link for details.
Weekdays: 10:00 a.m.–10:00 p.m.
Saturday: 10:00 a.m.–9:00 p.m.
Sunday/holidays: 10:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
If a confirmation email is not sent to your email address, please contact the Osaka Umeda Campus.
Fees may be charged for classroom use in certain cases.
|Capacity||Charges per hour (tax included)|
|Large-sized classroom||96–99 people||16,000yen|
|Medium-sized classroom||42–45 people||7,400yen|
|Small-sized classroom||24–30 people||4,000yen|
・A cancellation fee will be charged if a reservation is cancelled less than seven days in advance.
1.100% of the usage fee will be charged if a reservation is cancelled on the day of the scheduled classroom use.
2.30% of the usage fee will be charged if a reservation is cancelled less than seven days in advance.
8.Facilities and equipment
Seven small-sized classrooms, four medium-sized classrooms, two large-sized classrooms
Laptops, projectors, screens, document cameras, video and DVD players
9.Rules and requests regarding classroom use
・Make sure the scheduled activity is started and finished within the reserved time.
・If you rearrange a classroom equipped with movable desks and chairs, make sure that the room is restored to the original configuration when you leave.
・If you want to cancel the reservation, notify us as soon as possible.
(A prescribed cancellation fee will be charged if the reservation is cancelled less than seven days in advance)
・Smoking is not allowed in the campus.
・Drinking is allowed in the classrooms if the beverage is contained in a plastic bottle.
・Eating is not allowed in the classrooms.
・Obtain permission from the facility manager before using computers or other campus equipment.
・Use classrooms quietly.
・Do not disturb other users in the lounge.
If your behavior is considered to be inappropriate or adversely affects the management of the facility, we may cancel your use of the classroom or decline your classroom reservation requests in the future.